Welcome to Year 3O
Your teacher is Miss O’Neill.
Your Teaching Assistants are Mrs Mchale and Mrs Yates.
CLICK ON THE BUTTON FOR HOME LEARNING FOR 10 DAYS.
This term in IPC
(International Primary Curriculam)
Our topic is ‘Explorers and Adventurers’
We will be looking at famous explorers from the past and present.
Do you love discovering new places? Yes? Well you might just be an explorer. Explorers are people who travel to new places in the world and discover new things that they didn’t know existed. So much of what we know today about our world is because we have been explorers in the past. Being an explorer is exciting but scary at the same time. Could you be an explorer? We will find out in this topic!
During this unit we will be focusing on Geography, History, Art, Society, Science and International.
In Geography, we’ll be ﬁnding out:
- How to use geographical terms
- How to use different types of world maps
- How to look for geographical information
- About places we have explored on holiday
In History, we’ll be ﬁnding out:
- About explorers and adventurers in the past
- How to gather information from maps, pictures and books
- How to answer simple questions about exploration
- How explorers told the time and navigated at sea
In Art, we’ll be ﬁnding out:
- About the artwork of explorer-artists
- How to draw plants and animals with accuracy
- How to draw an imaginary plant or animal
In Society, we’ll be ﬁnding out:
- If we think exploration is a good thing
- About conﬂict and exploration in the past
- About female explorers in the past and today
In Science, we’ll be ﬁnding out:
- About shadows and the sun
- About magnetism and which metals are magnetic
- How to make a compass
- How sounds are made
In International, we’ll be ﬁnding out:
- How exploration has changed the world
- Who owns the Moon and planets in space