Welcome to 4 N.
Your teacher is Miss Nolan.
Your teaching assistant is Mrs Greenwood.
Scavengers and Settlers
Year 4 used different natural resources to create houses for their IPC topic Scavengers and Settlers.
They had muddy fun collecting tree bark,twigs,stones and grass to try and recreate a settler village.
In History, we will be finding out:
- how fossils are made and what we can learn from them
- what our earliest ancestors might have looked like
- how our ancestors were able to survive
- how we use archaeological evidence to find out about a prehistoric hunter
- where our ancestors settled and how they lived
- how we can learn about the past by investigating a stone age village
- what life was like during the bronze age
In International, we will be finding out:
- how we can work together to learn new skills and achieve our goals
In art, we will be finding out:
- how to create our own prehistoric cave paintings
- how to make and decorate pottery, based on one of the periods we have explored
In technology, we will be finding out:
- about the types of food that the first farmers would have grown
- how we can update the dishes that the early settlers may have eaten